January 25, 2012

And The Nominees Are...

It's one of my favourite times of the year- Award Season!


If you're a movie buff like me, I'm sure you've been getting your tickets tripped and doing your research throughout the year in preparation for the Oscars, held in LA on February 26th.

Nominations have just been released and with that, my attempt to watch all 9 films up for Best Picture begins. I may not be sashaying down the red carpet in a beautiful couture gown, but I can certainly be an armchair judge from the comfort of my lounge room.

Now while my picks may be premature, since not all the films have been released in Australia yet, I would love to see The Artist take out Best Picture and Meryl Streep win the gold statue for her portrayal of former UK Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher. However, after seeing The Descendants, I was surprised by the Oscar hype surrounding George Clooney, as I'm not convinced his performance is deserving of actings highest accolade? However, having not yet seen the other 4 films in his category, I should reserve my judgement for now.

[Watch this space]

And the Nominees are...

Best Picture
  • "The Artist" Thomas Langmann, Producer
  • "The Descendants" Jim Burke, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Producers
  • "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" Scott Rudin, Producer
  • "The Help" Brunson Green, Chris Columbus and Michael Barnathan, Producers
  • "Hugo" Graham King and Martin Scorsese, Producers
  • "Midnight in Paris" Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum, Producers
  • "Moneyball" Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Brad Pitt, Producers
  • "The Tree of Life" Nominees to be determined
  • "War Horse" Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers

Actor in a Leading Role

  • Demián Bichir in "A Better Life"
  • George Clooney in "The Descendants"
  • Jean Dujardin in "The Artist"
  • Gary Oldman in "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"
  • Brad Pitt in "Moneyball"

Actress in a Leading Role
  • Glenn Close in "Albert Nobbs"
  • Viola Davis in "The Help"
  • Rooney Mara in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
  • Meryl Streep in "The Iron Lady"
  • Michelle Williams in "My Week with Marilyn"

Click here to see all the categories and nominations...

No comments:

Post a Comment