March 8, 2012

The Blogosphere...

The wonderful world of blogging has led me to some pretty fantastic discoveries, some inspiring ideas and some important thoughts to ponder.

This week I literally stumbled across the blog a cup of mai and fell in love with some of the items the author, Mai, purchased during her recent dressing room makeover.

One of the things that appealed to me about the project was that she chose to do the whole thing on a budget and managed to find designer-inspired pieces for a whole lot less. A woman after my own heart!

Here's the result, which I'm sure you too will be able to pull a few ideas from...



The first thing I noticed was the black and white stripped Chervron rug which I just love (and would really like). I think it instantly makes the room feel more modern and can be purchased through RugsUSA for a very reasonable price.

The next big piece in the room is the full length mirror. You can never go wrong with something like this in a dressing room and with so many options and frames available, it's easy to match it to your taste or style of the room.


Everyone loves a good Louis Ghost Chair and these days its such a popular item that you don't have to look very far before you can find a comparable replica.

Now, while I love the look of  mirrored dressers, I'm in two minds as to whether or not I'd buy one for my own home? I feel like they're the type of item that's best left in the showroom or put somewhere that it won't be used often. Grimy finger prints and visible marks I know would drive me crazy within about 5 minutes.

For any woman who regularly wears makeup, this clear acrylic chest made famous by the Kardashian clan is an item I already own and love each day I pull open those supremely organised draws. While the originals can cost upwards of $400, I picked up mine from The Makeup Box Shop for a quarter of the price.

And last but not least, the one item that got me the most excited and inspired this whole post was this...


I have loved this Life Poem for years now and have always envisaged it mounted on a wall or leaning at the back of a dresser or bedside table. The words are beautiful and waking up to this image every morning I'm sure would be an effective way to set my mind straight and begin the day with positive thoughts.

So based on Mai's source, I decided to browse the supplier and creators Holstee. In an impulse purchase, this beautiful print will arrive on my doorstep in 6-10 working days, so I'll soon have my very own copy of daily inspiration that I can frame and prop in my room.

*Watch this space for the end result...

No comments:

Post a Comment